Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G5 Hangs after detecting Logical drive on Controller

BESCONIT
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G5 Hangs after detecting Logical drive on Controller

Hi,

I had issues not being able to connect to the machine via RDP then our Nagios system alerted us to the box being offline. I went down to the server room and found that it was just hung after the array controller detects the logical volume.

I can hit F9 for setup and this is detected but it never goes into BIOS setup, the box has been running as a passive member of a SQL cluster since 09/08 with no issues until today.

No warning lights on the front panel, it is still in warranty but wondered what people would recommend I do before going through warranty support.

I got 6 of these boxes at the same time and touch wood this is the first to have an issue :)

Cheers

Sean
3 REPLIES
TTr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 Hangs after detecting Logical drive on Controller

Try booting off the smartstart cd to see if you get any further. You could open it up and start removing components but if it is under warranty call for support.
Neil Ashworth_3
Frequent Advisor

I agree try the Smartstart CD. Also do not remove anything from inside, but do check the fans are all working. If not try remove and reseat. Otherwise call HP. They are best under warranty cos they cost nothing. If you are still having problems I may be able to help with the hardware manual, e-mail for a manual ( cannot download here cos of size limits) neil@hpssltd.co.uk
BESCONIT
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Just wanted to update this thread.

Worked through the problem with HP Support and the issue was a dead Network card in slot 3 of the riser cage.

HP swapped this out under warranty.

Cheers

Sean