1752782 Members
6142 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 NC373i Drivers

Stuart Mullock

DL380 G5 NC373i Drivers

Hi,
For two days I have tried to upgrade firmware, software and drivers for the HP multifunctional NICs but no joy. Everything was OK before I tried to team them. When I carried out a firmware and software upgrade the Network Utility would not install; is that because there are no NICs available?

I've tried installing manually...no joy.

I've tried installing the Broadcom drivers...no joy.

The virtual bus drivers appear OK but I can't load the NIC drivers.

Is there anyway I can start the install from fresh without reinstalling Windows?

Is there a fully documentet procedure for getting these to work?

The server is running Windows 2003 SP2

Thanks
Stuart
6 REPLIES 6
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Remove the network configuration utility, restart and the reinstall drives and after that reinstall the network configuration utility.

Make sure you driver and utility match up. Don't go using old drivers with the latest version of the utility.

Stuart Mullock

Hi
How do I remove the network utility?
Thanks
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Goto network configuration and open the properties of a network card (hopefully you still got a network card) The network utility is listed with other items like the internet protocol and file and printer sharing. Select the utility and hit the uninstall button.
Stuart Mullock

I don't have any network connections. Completely blank. I guess because I don't have any NICs in device manager. There's no icon in control panel. As mentioned previously, the Network Utility wouldn't install when I carried out the firmware/software update.

Makes me think the Network Teaming caused the issue in the first place;that's when the network connections disappeared.

Cheers
Stuart Mullock

Just put in a couple of NC373T netowrk cards.
Same problem!

Can't load the drivers in device manager.

Now we're wasting money too!

ANY suggestions except rebuild would be appreciated!
wobbe
Respected Contributor