HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G5 P400 RAID 1+0

evital
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G5 P400 RAID 1+0

Today I brought-up a new DL380 G5 with a P400 controller (firmware 2.08) and two 146GB SAS drives, and then installed Windows Server 2003 Standard using the SmartStart 7.70 CD. I am confused by the behavior of the drive in Bay 2.

The green Online LED never ever flashes from start-up to shut down. The blue Fault LED will come on if the drive is accessed in ORCA or the HP ACU application.

The two drives were configured RAID 1+0 in ORCA. ACU reports the same configuration as shown in ORCA. The user guide states that the lights OFF/OFF combination means "The drive is offline, a spare, or not configured as part of an array."

I have read on the net that RAID 1+0 requires a minimum of 4 drives. Is this my problem? My goal was plain old RAID 1, but that option is not available in ORCA. Or do I have a drive with a non-functioning LED? I purchased a Care Pack, but I figured I would ask here first.

Thanks
Steve
2 REPLIES
evital
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380 G5 P400 RAID 1+0

I have researched my issue on the HP website at home tonight. The ACU was showing both drives so I think the RAID 1+0 ORCA setting accepted having only two drives. Are the hard drive LEDs really fiber optics from the backplane? I will pull both drives and see if I see lights on the backplane on start-up, and I will swap the drives to see if the green activity Online LED works on the suspect drive when inserted into Bay 1. I will report my findings, however any tips would still be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 P400 RAID 1+0

well dont worry about blue led is normal when ORCA or ACU are used.

talking about Raid 1+0 is the same as Raid 0, orca and ACU takes in that way, in that case 2 HHD is OK

well i recommend you check the second har drive using ADU array diagnostic utility or insight diagnostic

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!