1752810 Members
5972 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 - Smart Array 6402 - ESXi 4.0

Farhad Al

DL380 G5 - Smart Array 6402 - ESXi 4.0

Hello all,

First off I have tried to look on the forums for this topic and could not find it. If I have missed it and someone has already answered this query, then please forgive and guide me to the article.

We have a number of DL380 G5 servers which are our ESXi hosts with direct attached storage in the form of a Smart Array 6402 controller connected to a MSA30 Dual Bus shelf. These shelves have 14x 72/146gb SCSI disks in them.

My problem is that when we where using ESXi 3.5 the Infrastructure Client/vCenter Server would show me the Smart Array 6402 and it connected hard disk within the hardware section. However, vSphere vCenter Server and vSphere Client do not show me anything to do with the Smart Array or its disks, even though the data store is perfectly accessible and working well.

I have attached a picture to show you what I mean.

I have checked and the Smart Array 6402 is within the vSphere hardware compatibility list, so can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me what I need to do to vCenter to start showing the controller and its state.

Thank you,
Farhad
4 REPLIES 4
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

what type of ESXi did you installed ???

VMWARE ESXi, or HP customized VMWARE ESXi.

mikap
Farhad Al

I installed the HP ESXi 4.0 version when it first came out, link:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/software/vmware-esx3i/index.html

I then used the vmware host upgrade manager to upgrade the susequent versions that have been released as I was unable to find it anywhere on HPs website.

I did check within the ESXi video screen and it still give me the option to remove the custom extentions, which I assumed meant that the specifc HP items where still installed.

Have I got this wrong?
Farhad Al

Hi Guys,
Can anyone shed any light on this please.
Thank you,
Farhad
Farhad Al

Has anyone else got this sort of setup, does anyone know why this may be a problem?

Please comment if you know.
thank you,