108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 VLAN trunking issue on Windows 2008

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Cisco
Advisor

After I removed VLAN999, I noticed a strange thing - a 0.0.0.0 gateway was added to VLAN100 as the first gateway. Obviously, this won't work.

I'm suspecting this is a driver issue. Because:

1) With the same switch port, I can get a DL380G4/Win2003 worked just fine (with VLAN100 and VLAN999, and same IP configuration).

2) I searched google. somebody mentioned a VLAN tag problem with DL380G5 and Win2008:
http://joeelway.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2095EAC3772C41DB!851.entry

New network survey attached.

Is there any other logs we can look to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

So far thats all that we can do, let me create a repro here and I will let you know.

You can create a support case with HP and look for known issues.
Michael Cisco
Advisor

I'm with Cisco Systems in TX, USA. I tried to open a HP support case. But HP said Cisco only had hardware support contract with them. And this was not a hardware issue. So they couldn't open a case for me. :(
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Im with HP L2 Networking, you should have warranty at least on the server, whats the serial number of the machine?
Michael Cisco
Advisor

my work email is "htluo at cisco.com". Send me an email. I'll send you all details. And it's more convenient if we communicate by email directly. Thakns a lot!

Michael
Sandy Chen
Honored Contributor

Hi All,

I got the same exact problem here, but i notice that if i create another VLAN and make it as the default, the other will work just fine.

Do you guys find any solution for this?

Regards,
Sandy
I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

NCU 9.70 includes an option for tagged Native VLAN, using that option you dont need to create the second vlan.