New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 Windows 2000 Insight Diagnostics Online missing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

DL380 G5 Windows 2000 Insight Diagnostics Online missing

Hi,
I installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server on a DL380 G5 Server using Smart Start 7.9 CD. The installation went ok without any errors at all.

We wanted to get a survey of the server and asked the customer to send a survey either using Insight Diagnostics Online Edition Web Interface or by generating one using the "C:\hp\hpdiags.exe"

Today the customer reported to me that HP Insight Diagnostics Online Edition cannot be found under start-menu -> programs -> HP System Tools.

He also said that he cannot find the "c:\hp\hpdiags\hpdiags.exe"

What may be causing this problem ?

Regards,
Shiraj.
4 REPLIES 4
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Are there any known issues with Smart Start 7.9 which led to the release of Smart Start 7.91 ?
Thanks in advance,
Shiraj
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor
Solution

hi

remember that Insight Diagnostics is not installed until your customer installs proliant support pack.

Remember SmartStart CD only helps you to install OS but it does not install any HP tool.

also remember Smartsmart has HP Insight Diagnostic tool that can be run offline.

Online Edition
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121516&prodNameId=3288134&swEnvOID=181&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-UNITY-I24283

also install Proliant Support pack 7.6 which iis the latest for W2000, higher that 7.7 is for W2003

////

for your second question SmartStart 7.90 - 7.91

if you check enhancements for every version you will discover differences

* Support for newly released HP ProLiant ML/DL 300 and HP ProLiant ML/DL 500 series servers and HP ProLiant BL server blades.
* Support for newly released server options.

* Support for newly released ProLiant ML/DL 300 and 500 series servers and ProLiant BL server blades.
* Support for newly released server server options.
* SmartStart users performing an Assisted Install for Windows 2003 will now have the option to perform a "Custom" install of the ProLiant Support Pack. This will allow the user to customize which components will be installed during the ProLiant Support Pack installation.

and of course you must know a new version means some fixes - patches - enhancements

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Dear Karlo,

Your answer to my question made a lot of points clear to me. Thanks a lot for the help.

Shiraj.
Shiraj Fernando
Regular Advisor

Updated PSP. Case closed.