1753918 Members
7419 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G5 and Endace monitor card continues to crash

bbelle
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G5 and Endace monitor card continues to crash

we have 2 Proliant dl380/g5 servers that have died and required HP to replace the motherboards. Yes multiple times on each server - each server does the same function - monitoring the network with the use of an Endace DAG 4.5GE Network Measurement Card. Has anyone out there ever experienced something like this before? The server dies (console states "no video"), we call HP, they bring out a new MB and replace it and we are back in business. One time, we had to do a complete data restore after replacing the MB. I currently have one functioning server and the other is dead and I hope i don't have to do a complete restore for this again... tired of calling HP to correct this.. if you have experienced anything like this or have ideas on what might be happening, please let me know.. thanks
1 REPLY 1
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G5 and Endace monitor card continues to crash

Hi BBelle,

As per description, Your Endace DAG 4.5GE Network Measurement Card crashing the server and malfunctioning server's PCI BUS.

I would suggest you to contact vendor to get the HCL for this card.

UPdate the system bios before installing the card. If HP DL380 G5 server is not listed under vendor's HCL then don't use this card as it will damage the motherboard again.

I had the similar issue becoz of third party card and my server vendor refused to replaced the motherboard after multiple instances.

Thanks,
Aftab

I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base – Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo