1752571 Members
5082 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 fans

GregaSLO

DL380 G5 fans

Hello!

We bought this server 1 week ago... I just want to know if there is any way to control fan speeds. We have this server in a rack, that is in the office where we work and sometimes fans go wild and are very loud...
Rack temperature (ambient where server is in) is about 31-35 ┬░C so there shouldn`t be a problem...
Server CPU usage is always below 5%...

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

- have you installed PSP?

Proliant Support Pack?

OS
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/family/model/6213.html?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=1121516
Proliant support pack contains advanced system management driver which control fan speed.

- if you already did it
update your System ROM

regards

Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
GregaSLO

Everything is installed...

ROM is updated.

I forgot to explain a little bit more... In this rack, there are four fans on top of it... When this fans are spinning, the proliant server is VERY quiet (fans on 45-50%). But when I turn off 4 rack fans, fans on ProLiant go on 60-70 % and make a lot of noise...
If they would stay on 50% there would be absolutly NO chance of overheat because rack without 4 fans turned on stays on 30-35 ├В┬░C (tested - 5 days without turning on 4 fans)

So I guess that there is no way of MANUAL FAN control on the server?
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

GregaSLO

So there is no way to slow down fans by software...

I`ve read first link, second seems to be unreachable...

This is dissapointment, a simple program could be written to control fan speeds...