ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752805 Members
5546 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G5 no post , but working iLo kind of

rkantos

DL380 G5 no post , but working iLo kind of

This server hasn't been ran in 8months, so don't know what has happened.

The server starts up with all lights green and no indication of any error lights at all.

The fans will just run on full power all the time.

The problem is that there's no video signal from both of the VGA -connectors. And neither from iLO. I reset the server after the server not posting / booting, but the problem persisted. What also happened was that iLo forgot the Serial number, and doesn't know ROM(BIOS) Version anymore. Also the UID field is empty. No beep if no memory installed either. Have tried multiple memory configurations and so on and so on..

I do have an old BIOS version, which doesn't support 5400-series processors. Unfortunately I don't have another processor to test with. And at the moment I have a E5405 installed. The motherboard is also a one that should support quad core processors, which is 436526-001.

So tell me: Is my motherboard gone? :(
4 REPLIES 4
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 no post , but working iLo kind of

Try clearing NVRAM

http://hpproliant.blogspot.com/2010/07/clear-nvram-hp-proliant-server.html

also try to boot the server with minimum ram. Or you need to replace system board
rkantos

Yes... No luck with that either. So the motherboard is gone? Weird that iLo still responds and works good. Even the switches to switch of iLo security on the motherboard work.
Proliant Watch
Valued Contributor

Check if you are able to use virtual desktop in ilo, and also check the IML logs in ilo for any errors
rkantos

In the first post I said that I tried getting video through iLo's both modes.