5794 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G5 problem with Automated Deployment Services

Christopher Dakin
Occasional Contributor

DL380 G5 problem with Automated Deployment Services

Hi,

I'm having an issue with releasing an image to a DL380 G5 from Microsoft's ADS.

I've set up a sequence that boots to winpe, configures the array and system using the windows scripting toolkit tools, then reboots and deploys a previously captured image (which was built on this same hardware).

All the winpe stuff works fine, but just as the image deploy hits 100%, the server Blue Screens with:
-----------------------------
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000014,0x00000006,0x00000000,0xF74B9F39)
*** HpCISSs2.sys - Address F74B9F39 base at F74B7000, DateStamp 44ac26e9
-----------------------------

Ok, so I know the HpCISSs2.sys relates to the SAS controller and I seem to recall I had also had a blue screen problem with my original non ADS install until I added a line into txtsetup.oem that said something like "value = Paramters\Device,NumberOfRequests,REG_DWORD,80"

I can release this same image to 2 other servers I'm testing at the moment (DL380 G4 and DL585 G1) without any problems.

The only 2 advisories I've been able to find regarding the above BSOD is to make sure the 'Max Boot Partition' isn't set in the array config, and another one regarding storport.sys.

I cna confirm that the Max Boot Partition setting is set to disabled and the latest storport.sys was already installed before the image was captured.

I have made sure the G5 has the latest system ROM installed and cannot find any update for the P400 controller.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to try from here?
3 REPLIES 3
Jaragon
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380 G5 problem with Automated Deployment Services

Using the FW CD to update FW in all the HDD's seemed to fix the issue for me, you can also look for online FW for sas drives depending on the model
Christopher Dakin
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip, but I already checked that using the FW CD just after I posted the first message. All 5 drives in the system were already at the most current firmware revision (I suppose it can't hurt to just try flashing them anyway, I'll try that first thing in the morning).
Christopher Dakin
Occasional Contributor

FIXED:

Ok so it looks like I was doing something stupid. I was booting to WinPE, configuring the setup and the array, then rebooting to DA and attempting to release the image.
This worked with all servers I tried apart from the G5.

I decided to try relasing the image from with WinPE rather than DA and it now works perfectly, all it meant was that I had to use adspart rather than bmpart to create the partitions :)

Guess I'll just chalk this one up to experience then, ahem...