108723 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G5 updates refurb unit

SOLVED
Go to solution
TobiasP
Occasional Collector

DL380 G5 updates refurb unit

Let me start by saying I am completely new to HP servers. I recently bought a refurb DL380G5 from a buiseness to fiddle with at home and to further my education on working with servers. 

While searching for any possible driver (BIOS or p400) updates on the, in my opinion horrible to use, hpe website, I found that all of these said 'entitlement required' . Since I cannot inn any way get a support/warranty contract for this server does this mean I'm just out of luck and can never install any of these updates?

I hope someone can clarify this for me as I am not completely sure and I'd like to be before I potentially invest any money in this server or HP servers in general.

Kind regards.

edit: typo

2 REPLIES 2
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 G5 updates refurb unit

You will need the Proliant "Smart Update" CD/DVD Version 8.70 to 10.10. It makes no sense to look for newer versions because the G5 is quite old.

You can find it here: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_4372f442c3424063809e3d9198

It seems not to have any restriction for download.
In case it should not work, "firmware-10.10-0.zip (1.4 GB)" is the filename. Google it and you will find an alternative source.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
TobiasP
Occasional Collector

Re: DL380 G5 updates refurb unit

Thank you very for your response. The hpe download link says "An active warranty or support agreement covering Proliant servers must be linked to your HPE Support Center profile to access this firmware."

but googling the filename gave me a nju.edu.tw ftp which also hosts the files so I will be trying that today.

I'll mark your response as answer as it helped me out!