1753860 Members
7599 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G5 with Smart Array P400 Controller

Hoanl

DL380 G5 with Smart Array P400 Controller

Hi,
I have a DL380. I'm trying to configure the array but I don't know the admin password to the controller. Is there a way for me to reset the password?

Thanks,
Hoan
2 REPLIES 2
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 with Smart Array P400 Controller

The smart array controllers don't have a password and it doesn't need a password. Maybe you are trying to login into iLO or System Management Home Page.

To configure the array use the HP Smart Start CD if you don't have an OS installed and once on the home page click on maintain server and then select Array Configuration Utility.

During the POST F8 to get into the Option Rom Configuration for Arrays Utility, make sure you press F8 for the Array Utility and not for Integrated Lights Out, since Lights Out is going to asked you for a password.

If the OS is already install and ACU is install click Start/all programs/hp system tools/Array Configuration Utility
Taifur
Respected Contributor

Re: DL380 G5 with Smart Array P400 Controller

Hi Honal,

For array configure you don't need any password.You can configure array from ORCU (Option Rom Configuration Utility) at post by pressing F8 after displaying array card which is Smart Array P400 Controller.
From ORCU ( By pressing F8)
1.Create array
2.Delete Array
3.View Array
Select Create Array and configurea RAID as your requirement and save it by pressing F3.

You can also do it from smart Start CD which comes with the server, from smart start cd , select ACU (Array Configuration Utility) and configure array.

Rgds//
Taifur