108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G5 won't boot past Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Boot Agent

SOLVED
Go to solution
ahoffskov
Visitor

DL380 G5 won't boot past Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Boot Agent

I have an old DL380 G5 that I use for learning and testing purposes, but suddenly it won't boot past the Broadcom NetXtreme II Ethernet Boot Agent v2.8.5.
I then tried transfering CPU's and RAM to an identical server - same problem. 

I cannot access the RBSU even if I press F9, NIC's are integrated, so I don't really know what to do. 

Both CPU's show up fine, all 40 GB of RAM are registered fine, I have a dead disk, but logical drives have been set for this - basically, everything runs fine up until the Broadcom Boot Agent.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
ahoffskov
Visitor

I might have located the issue. I've been trying to boot with a SanDisk 32GB FAT formatted USB drive in the internal USB-port. When removing this, the server boots.

Strangely, I have been using this USB drive in the server before, and I would like to use it for installing the OS giving me the most options for disk space.

Should I assume that something is wrong with the USB-drive and just get a new one?

BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Please check the boot order from BIOS.

Keep hard drives as the first boot device under Standard Boot Order.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ahoffskov
Visitor
Solution

I tried removing the USB-key from the motherboard, then it booted fine. I then used another USB-key, and it works perfectly - so the USB-key was the issue here.

But I appreciate your input, might help someone else in the future