ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748111 Members
3881 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 G6 2NIC visible other 2 are not - in RSBU enabled - not seen in PCI IRQ or Insight Diagnostic

Chris_gti
Occasional Collector

DL380 G6 2NIC visible other 2 are not - in RSBU enabled - not seen in PCI IRQ or Insight Diagnostic

So the issue is this, the server had to be turned off due to electricity excercise.

When the server was turned back on only 2 out of 4 NICS (excluding ILO) were visible in Windows. With the result that I have a NAS drive with ISCSI not visible leaving the company without important shares. NICS physical 1 & 2 are not working, whilst 3 & 4 are working.

Going into RSBU the NICS are enable and recognised under PCI Device Enable/Disable however I only see 2 NIC cards listed HP NCI382i and another 2 as Ethernet Network Controller under the PCI/IRQ Settings.

In Device Manager in only display the 2 NICS and the Team NIC of Windows (as these are teamed)

In HP Diagnostic it only displays the two working NIC CArds

The NIC cards in ILO instead of the MAC address it displays Disabled.

Bios has been updated to no avail, NIC firmware has been updated to latest to no avail as well. 

Screenshots attached 

1 REPLY 1
Chris_gti
Occasional Collector

Re: DL380 G6 2NIC visible other 2 are not - in RSBU enabled - not seen in PCI IRQ or Insight Diagnos

Clarification the line which reads The NIC cards in ILO instead of the MAC address it displays Disabled

should be

The NIC cards which are working I can see there MAC address whilst the one not working Disabled is being listed as a MAC address as per screenshot attached.