Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G6 Hard Drive Questions...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mr_Stitch
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G6 Hard Drive Questions...

I currently have a HP DL380 G6 running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit 2x Xeon x5560, 108 gb ram, raid setup 2 x 300 gb hd & 2x 146 gb hd setup as my main computer in my home recording studio... the problem I'm having is running out of drive space for programs.

So here's my question:

If I have a pair of 300gb sas drives holding my OS and a few plugins and other daw's so I only have about 16gb left currently. As this is the case, can I install programs onto the other hard drives I have in place as storage? I've looked at larger hard drives but the prices are astronomical and I'm trying to find a reasonably priced (free preferrably) solution to my issue.

Follow up question:

If I do need to infact purchase new main hard drives for my computer can I rebuild from the smaller drives so that I don't loose my current image?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

#MusicIsTheAnswer
2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: DL380 G6 Hard Drive Questions...

You can install programs to the other array.  The DL380 G6 will hold 8 SFF drives, you should be able to add up to 4 more 300GB drives to the system and expand the current array and reclaim the additional space in the OS

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE
Mr_Stitch
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380 G6 Hard Drive Questions...

Thank you for the answer sir! It's very much appreciated!