108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G6 - SmartStart Issues

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Gladstone
Valued Contributor

DL380 G6 - SmartStart Issues

I have a few DL380 G6's that work fine, and any OS can be loaded onto them, but will not run the SmartStart diags CD. I have tried every conceivable version of SmartStart, as well as changed out the CD/DVD Player and cables, but to no avail. The HW (CPU's, Memory, Disks) all work fine in other servers, so I know it is not a HW related error. Has anyone else experienced this?
7 REPLIES 7
juan quesada
Respected Contributor
Solution

are you trying to run the test online or offline?

regards,

JQ
Andrew Gladstone
Valued Contributor

Juan-
We are trying to boot into the SmartStart, and it just hangs.
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

did you burn the image at a speed of 4x or lower?

or have you try to boot from a USB key instead?

btw, SSCD version you should e using is 8.40

JQ
Andrew Gladstone
Valued Contributor

We have used multiple CD's that were HP provided with servers, none of them have worked.
Saberus
Valued Contributor

Andrew,

Have you tried using the USB Key utility from another server/PC? There is an option on the disc itself, and all you need is a 1GB flash drive.

It doesn't address the read issue, but it will let you run the diags.

I would also double check the BIOS settings, to make sure the optical drive is in the boot order.
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

Andrew this is no reflection on you,what so ever.and the comments are not guided at you..

unfortunately an inconsiderate person Juan has made personal comments in your post,

sorry Andrew to use your post for this but at times one must take the time and educate misguided individuals like juan quesada.

Juan you should not use peoples posts to forward such cowardly rude opinions.as you did in the other post..

If you absolutely must have an opinion in such a forum leave your email and you will get a response.

Note it is considered quite rude.this forum is for tech support not for your personal opinions...

Also Note in forums we do not type in caps.lock. %

I suggest learning English may improve you understanding , of comments,& would stop misunderstandings.

points are simply a way of saying thank , it is a simple gesture,,,it is in no way painful...:) and a thank you is considered kind.. and polite

I would certainly assign points to all who helped me.But i have not asked any questions yet..

Now Look what it says in my signature see the words "all who contribute" now read and understand the signature.. and its implications,.it is not crying as you state, on the contrary your opinion highlights a lack of decorum on your behalf.

Important note %%% by assigning points it keeps the forums alive ,

that is why the forums were designed this way...
points are actually built into the forums not add ons.....and they should be assigned accordingly to the guidelines do not forget this..it is .important , have you read them , if so i strongly suggest you read them again..

I think everyone in the forum should use the signature below which i use...

enjoy

This is how we thank each other in the forum
its for "all" who contribute in assisting

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

juan quesada its quite simple assign points to all who try to help you....

yes to all......
wobbe
Respected Contributor

Had the same issue.
Creating a bootable usb thumbdrive is a good workaround. (Also quicker)

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/