ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752328 Members
5500 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G6 update to 2012 r2, existing HP teaming broken. MS Teaming is this correct ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kevin Bly
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G6 update to 2012 r2, existing HP teaming broken. MS Teaming is this correct ?

Srvers installed using Smart Start  8.30 with 2008 r2 + HP SUM 2014 02 + MS patches

Inplace setup of 2012 r2 then reapplied HP SUM.

Manually had to find and add ACU to Start screen and log viewer.

HP Teaming icon in network adapters shown as disabled. Task bar icon to access the HP Network Configuration failed with error.

Setup Teaming using  MS 2012 Server Manager -> Local Server -> Nic teaming.

Works, but this the correct method ?

Will there be any further updates for HP SUM for this generation of servers, for 2012 r2, so HP tools and utils become integrated ?

2 REPLIES 2
PGTRI
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 G6 update to 2012 r2, existing HP teaming broken. MS Teaming is this correct ?

hi,

There will be no version of NCU for Windows 2012, becasue the functionality is integrated now in the OS.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
waaronb
Respected Contributor

Like PGTRI mentioned... NCU isn't supported in Server 2012. I'm surprised it even let you upgrade because I think when I tried it before, it told me to uninstall NCU first. Or maybe I just did that on my own.

Teaming is built into Server 2012, so you'll need to run lbfoadmin.exe and create the team in there.

I personally will NOT miss NCU... I've had too many bad experiences with it like losing configs during NIC or NCU updates and just things being weird. Good riddance. :)

By the way, if your NCU is still installed, be sure to remove it now. It will only be in the way... find it from any of the NIC property screens and uninstall it from there.