1752604 Members
4350 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 G7 Code 351 ACU Error

DMoody007
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G7 Code 351 ACU Error

We have a DL380 G7 with a p410i array controller.  It has two arrays.  On in a raid 1 (2 72gig) and one in a raid 5 (4 300gig).  The raid 1 has the server OS.  The raid 5 is for data storage.  A drive was removed from the raid 5 and replaced with a new drive.  The server rebooted and failed to complete post.  It would stall on the Proliant screen with about 5% of the progress bar not completed.  After much troubleshooting, we pulled a hail mary and replaced the drive in the array a second time and decided to let the post stay stalled.  After about 15min (not the shortest or longest time), we finally got past post and windows loaded.

In reviewing the HP Array, I see the attached screen and this is where I need some guidance:

Code 351 - Smart Array P410i in Embedded Slot Cache Status Problem Detected. The cache on this controller has a problem. To prevent data loss, configuration changes to this controller are not allowed. Please replace the cache to be able to continue to configure this controller.  ACU is unable to configure this controller.

I have been searching the web and I am not seeing anything specific to this code.  Wondering what exactly happened and how to repair.  Afraid to turn off again in case it won't come back online.  Hoping someone on this forum has seen this before and can provide some suggestions.  Any advice would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

hpe advisory.

Controller State: The controller cannot be configured. CACHE STATUS PROBLEM DETECTED

Symptom

Controller State: The controller cannot be configured. CACHE STATUS PROBLEM DETECTED: The cache on this controller has a problem. To prevent data loss, configuration changes to this controller are not allowed. Please replace the cache to be able to continue to configure this controller.

Cause

The cache module has failed.

Action

Replace the cache module. 

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Sometime "reseating" the Controller's Cache Module (which is a separate component) could help...clearly the Server should be properly powered off before any physical operation inside the chassis.

Would be also interesting to understand if your Server Firmware/Software drivers (and HP related Applications...see, as example, the HP ACU, the one used by you is a 2011 version, 6 years old) is updated or not WTR...having an HP Smart Array controller with latest available Firmware is benefical (That's valid for HP ACU too) to exclude or confirm false positives.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
DMoody007
Occasional Visitor

Erdogan, Thank you for the input.  I will order a new module ASAP.  Douglas

DMoody007
Occasional Visitor

parnassus, Thank you for your input.  The soonest I can have someone at the box is Monday morning.  I will definately try that. Douglas

SuneKjems

Hi Erdogan

Is the "cache module" which is to be replaced this:

HP Smart Array P410i cache module*

Spare part no. 462975-001

Kind Regards,

Sune Kjems

Erdogan Temur
HPE Pro

Hi,

Yes it's right.

462975-001 - 512MB battery backed write cache (BBWC) memory module, 72B wide - Does not include batteries

Kind Regards,
Erdogan.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

Accept or Kudo