1752572 Members
4598 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380 G7: Failed to upgrade CPUs

notooth
Occasional Advisor

DL380 G7: Failed to upgrade CPUs

My DL380 G7 used to work with 2 X5672 CPUs until upgraded it with 2 L5640 CPUs. The green led on the Cache module connector blinked once per second, and the server did not boot to the HP logo. Now I switch back to X5672s, and I get the same problem. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G7: Failed to upgrade CPUs

Hello,

Please make sure the pins/socket is not damaged during the upgrade procedure. 

I also found this troubleshooting guide which may help you to fix this issue: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00257512.pdf

Hope it helps!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

notooth
Occasional Advisor

Is it possible to know if the pins/socket is damaged? I was very carefully during the upgrade procedure. The CPU leds were off on the Systems Insight Display. When there was a CPU in the slot 1 only, the server run fine. When there was a CPU in the slot 2 only, the server booted to the HP logo and said "processor in incorrect slot". Is it an indicate that the CPU slots are not damaged?

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

May be any damage in the server or processor PIN damaged.
Check the server one by one processor to isolate the issue.

Flow the below HP ProLiant DL380 G7 Server - LED Indicators link to isolate the issue.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02215382&docLocale=en_US

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo