7254 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G7 restarts by itself

dbxss
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G7 restarts by itself

Hi everyone!

Is there any known rebooting problems with DL380 G7?

I have two DL380 G7 servers. Servers reboots randomly. Servers are located in different buildings. All power and cooling conditions are OK.

In IML I have following entries every few days:

"196","Caution","iLO 3","10/12/2011 08:34","10/12/2011 08:34","1","Server reset.",
"195","Informational","iLO 3","10/12/2011 08:34","10/12/2011 08:33","2","Server power restored.",

I have upgraded latest FW updates.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
jmquesadarivel
Frequent Advisor

Running windows??? check if on the event viewer you get a Sensor event before server restarts, if so it is a driver issue.

Alan_B
Occasional Visitor

How did you go with this?

We are having the same problem with our DL380 G7 servers,

Dual UPS 50V power supplies,

Linux Redhat ES 6.1 just randomly rebooting, sometimes a couple of times a day.

Nothing in the ilo logs except "Server reset" and "Server power restored" there is a count of 2 next to the "Server power restored" I suspect this represents the dual power feeds.

There is other equipment in the rack running off the same 50v power supplies without any problems.

We have other DL380 G7's purchased at the same time with the same os/ apps on them without any problem - just two servers giving us hell.

Josh M_1
Occasional Advisor

Having the exact same issue with a new DL360 G7, fully patched.  It'll go for a few days or weeks with no issue and then just reset.  

Windows 2008 R2 only reports an unexpected shutdown and thinks power was lost.  No bugcheck.  HP support tried to explain it was an OS issue but we never found anything conclusive or a solution.

HP IML complains about one of the NIC's in a team that intentionally isn't connected, but this shouldn't cause a reset.

Network Adapter Link Down (Slot 0, Port 4)

Network Adapters Redundancy Redundancy Reduced (Slot 0, Port 2)

Anyone get to the bottom of this?  Maybe an Automatic Server Recovery (ASR) issue?  We had problems with it on G5's.

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Are you using the latest ROM 2012.12.02?

Enhancements/New Features:

Optimized the memory settings to improve the reliability of the memory system.

Problems Fixed:

Resolved an issue where the ROM Based Setup Utility (RBSU) Command Line Interface (CLI) would not set the QPI Bandwidth Optimization (RTID) feature properly.