ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752645 Members
5544 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 G8 Reboot automatically after using iLo4 mount HP SPP. also receiving 261 after BIOS upgra

7lkf7
Visitor

DL380 G8 Reboot automatically after using iLo4 mount HP SPP. also receiving 261 after BIOS upgrade

Hi Please help me , we have two DL380P G8, one of the G8 can not using iLo4 mount SPP ISO doing the update. 

I have download the latest G8.1 SPP and after system boot to the Image, wait for a little while with black screen, the server reboot themself. but on anohter G8 works perfect.  So I did manualy update, start from iLO updated from 1.2 to 2.7, and BIOS, but after I flashed to the new Bios (Jun272019). everytime the system booting is shows 261 SPS requires update. I also upated my power management to 3.3(I think its the latest). but it still shows 261 message. 

when I login in to iLo from system info firmware section, my Sserver Platform Service Firmware version shows 0.0.0.0(my other G8 shows2.7***). 

I did reset iLO, reset the server, but still got this message. my CPUs are E5 2650V0.

Could you please advice me what I can do fix the iLo Mounting SPP issue and fix the 261 message. 

Thanks inadvance. 

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G8 Reboot automatically after using iLo4 mount HP SPP. also receiving 261 after BIOS upgra

Hi 

POST Error "261- Server Platform Services Firmware requires update." cause Power Management Controller (PMC). Hence update Power Management Controller

PMC is not included into the SPP, hence download Power Management Controller from below link and check the status.

Online ROM Flash for Windows - Power Management Controller (HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers)
Type: Firmware - Power Management
Version: 3.3(B)(20 Mar 2018)
https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_29668a535e3040b694ab4a89a6#tab1

Online ROM Flash for Linux - Power Management Controller (HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers)
Type: Firmware - Power Management
Version: 3.3(D)(8 Oct 2015)
https://internal.support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_541c76b765e34f25951855293e

For iLo Mounting SPP issue, please provide the screenshot or error message details.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
7lkf7
Visitor

Thank you. for your reply, but I have already updated Power Management Controller (HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers) to 3.3.

and I did downloaded the update from your link,when I install the software, it shows I already have the lateset firmware. 

here is what I can see from iLo4 Firmware section.   "Server Platform Services (SPS) Firmware 0.0.0.0.0"   System Boardt 

Also I did download the Smart Arrary RAdi controller firmware update. when I install under server 2016, the update shows Failed tried redownload the software but the result was the same.

Thank you 

AmRa
HPE Pro

Check by clearing NVRAM.

To clear NVRAM please refer HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server Maintenance and Service Guide (page number 99)

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03254241-11.pdf

After clearing NVRAM if still issue continued, then raise a ticket with HPE support team for further investigation on hardware level.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo