Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 G9 - how to install Windows Server 2012, create partition more that 2TB

Nairqatar
Occasional Visitor

DL380 G9 - how to install Windows Server 2012, create partition more that 2TB

Hi 

I have DL380 G9 series server with 5 nos  1.2TB SAS drives(Total some 4.2 tB usable with RAID 5), I want to install Windows Server 2012 R2 in it with RAID 5 enabled. The partion size I want to have is C: with 500 GB and rest for D: drive , but after configuring RAID 5 and while trying to install OS , during the partioning stage the  Windows OS automatically creates two separate partion of size 2,4 TB and 1.x TB size , what I did is to create only 500 GB HDD , but other two partiions are getting created automatically. After completing the installation i tried to merge those partition but no luck. PLease let me know how I can create partion more that 2 TB in this case.

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 G9 how to install Windows Server 2012, create partition more that 2TB

@Nairqatar wrote:

Hi 

I have DL380 G9 series server with 5 nos  1.2TB SAS drives(Total some 4.2 tB usable with RAID 5), I want to install Windows Server 2012 R2 in it with RAID 5 enabled. The partion size I want to have is C: with 500 GB and rest for D: drive , but after configuring RAID 5 and while trying to install OS , during the partioning stage the  Windows OS automatically creates two separate partion of size 2,4 TB and 1.x TB size , what I did is to create only 500 GB HDD , but other two partiions are getting created automatically. After completing the installation i tried to merge those partition but no luck. PLease let me know how I can create partion more that 2 TB in this case.

When creating the RAID 5 array, create two logical drives within the array, one 500GB and the second the remainder of the space, you should then be able to install Windows on the 500GB logical drive

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! Accept or KudoI work for HPE