1753795 Members
6849 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380 Gen 10 / General Question about HW SW RAID Controller

pobalux

DL380 Gen 10 / General Question about HW SW RAID Controller

Hello,

We have a DL380 GEN 10 with P408i-a SR Gen 10 attached to frontpanels with a couple of disks.

Normally we used to create a RAID using the HW RAID controller. Unfortunatelly  our firewall software vendor disabled any RAID controller support in his specs now.

Thus we disabled the P408i in the system settings, we then switched to UEFI mode. Finally we changed SATA Controller settings to Smart Array SW RAID Support.

From cabeling point of view we took cables from P408i and connected Port 1 to Port 1 of embedded onboard SATA port and Port 2 to Port 2 of embedded onboard SATA port.. It does not matter what we do no disk is presented after POST

All we would like to realize is having the disk reachable directly without any RAID controller. Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

THX in advance.

1 REPLY 1
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: DL380 Gen 10 / General Question about HW SW RAID Controller

Hello,

We have to connect the hard disk with the SA controller or onboard S100i controller.

Please find the below link for your reference.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00026901en_us&docLocale=en_US

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo