1753871 Members
7528 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 Gen 10 VID drive

chris-p
Occasional Visitor

DL380 Gen 10 VID drive

I have a DL380 Gen 10 which has a VID drive.  This was the first Gen 10's we bought when they first released.  Our other Gen 10's do not have this VID drive..  I need to get rid of this drive as it is causing problems with Ghost (this is a lab environment). 

The BIOS is up to date (March 2019).  I've seen other threads about "downgrading" the BIOS; I'd rather not go that route.

I find it hard to believe that there is no other way to delete this nuisance drive.  Anybody else have this problem and solve it?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Are you sure it is the VID causing the issue?  The internal µSD card device gets enumerated as a drive even when a card isn't installed.  I've seen it cause issues with Linux as sometimes it gets enumerated as device /dev/sda making the first real drive /dev/sdb.  You can disable the device if this is causing you an issue. 

The VID was removed in later versions of the firmware.  Since the option is no longer in RBSU, you can do a couple of things to disable it.

Use the RESTful interface to disable
Reset RBSU back to default
Load an older ROM image, disable VID and then update to the newer firmware

Option 1 or 2 is a lot easier.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
chris-p
Occasional Visitor

The VID was definitely the source of the problem.

Resetting the RBSU do default was part of the solution.  Updating ROM to latest afterward made the VID go away.

Thanks