1752800 Members
5501 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Gen10 HPESmartArrayCmdlets 1.0.0.2

yaro137
Advisor

DL380 Gen10 HPESmartArrayCmdlets 1.0.0.2

I'm trying HPESmartArrayCmdlets to set up unconfigured drives into an Raid 1 array and failing. I checked for unassigned drives running (Get-HPESAUnconfiguredPhysicalDrive -Connection $con).UnconfiguredPhysicalDrive and discovered 2 as axpected. However, when trying to set them up as per example listed in help file I get an error saying either that I'm unathorised or the operation is forbidden. Running with -debug I get as far as 

VERBOSE: [New-HPESALogicalDrive] Executing the cmdlets with 1 task serially.
VERBOSE: Retrieving SmartArray controller location.
VERBOSE: SmartArray controller location details retrieved successfully.
VERBOSE: Reteriving smart array controller data through iLO RIS.

at which point it fails stating "Failed for My_iLO_IP: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden"

I'm running Connect-HPESA with iLO local admin credentials. What am I missing here?

4 REPLIES 4
yaro137
Advisor

I found what was the issue. Although I could configure array just fine via iLO it turned out the same account was missing Host Storage permission for some reason. Once this was amended all started working as expected.

yaro137
Advisor

Seems there is another issue I don't understand. When I have 2 unconfigured drives and 1 existing 2-drive Logical when running New-HPESALogicalDrive it works fine, well at least sort off as I get a new drive created from the 2 unassigned but my existing logical drive gets deleted. I tried that a couple of times and each time whichever Logical drive exists it gets deleted and in it's place a new logical drives gets created from whichever 2 drives were unassigned at the time. It gets a bit more complecated when I leave all 4 drives unassigned. When the first one gets created I get a warning saying "Number of parameter values greater than the number of targets. Ignoring extra parameter values". The command to create the new logical drive though is exactly the same as earlier when creating a logical drive from 2 unassigned and 1 existing logical. Then when my script gets to creating the second logical drive I get the same warning followed by the status message saying that a reboot is required and then there is an error saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" . After that when checking Smart Storage Sdmin I can see the first logical drive got created although with default name rather than the one I assigned and the second one is just not there at all.

yaro137
Advisor

Some more details. Here is how I set this up

$connection - that's my Connect-HPESA

$unassigned_drives = (Get-HPESAUnconfiguredPhysicalDrive -connection $connection).UnconfiguredPhysicalDrive
#this gives me my unassigned drives
$forOS = $unassigned_drives | where{[int]$_.capacityGB -eq 480 }
#which picks only the 2 drives I want to assign to OS
$LogicalDriveName= "OS_drive"
$disk1location = $forOS.[0].location
$disk2location = $forOS.[1].location
#when debugging so far so good the above variables get the right drive locations like 1I:3:1 and 1I:3:2 so based on that
#since both will be on same controller I just need 
$controller_location =  $forOS.[0].controllerLocation
New-HPESALogicaDrive -connection $connection -controllerLocation $controllerLocation -LogicalDriveName $LogicalDriveName `
-Raid Raid1  -CapacityGiB -1  -DataDrive @(,@($disk1location,$disk2location))

Unfortunatelly when running the above I get the

Failed. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Category Info : Invalid Operation

I'd much appreciate if someone could point me where am I getting wrong with the above?

yaro137
Advisor

Turns out it's just me trying to run commandlets agains a system that's in POST. It works fine outside of POST.