5000 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Gen10 / ILO5 / online RAID-Administration

MartinBerres
Regular Visitor

DL380 Gen10 / ILO5 / online RAID-Administration

Hallo,

currently we are using DL380-Gen8- and -Gen9-Servers under Linux (CentOS/RHEL). We administrate the running RAID-Subsystems online/webbased via HPE System-Management-Homepage > HPE Smart Storage Administrator.

Now with the first Gen10-Server with ILO5 the HPE System-Management-Homepage is no more supported and ssa only works when the Server is installed with a GUI.

So my question: How to administrate the RAID-System online with Gen10/ILO5 on an non-GUI-Linux-Server ?

Greets from Germany...

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@MartinBerres wrote:

Hallo,

currently we are using DL380-Gen8- and -Gen9-Servers under Linux (CentOS/RHEL). We administrate the running RAID-Subsystems online/webbased via HPE System-Management-Homepage > HPE Smart Storage Administrator.

Now with the first Gen10-Server with ILO5 the HPE System-Management-Homepage is no more supported and ssa only works when the Server is installed with a GUI.

So my question: How to administrate the RAID-System online with Gen10/ILO5 on an non-GUI-Linux-Server ?

Greets from Germany...

There have been CLI tools for managing the array for some time now. The tool has changed names over the years, but is currently called ssacli

Current tool can be found here 
HPE Smart Storage Administrator (HPE SSA) CLI for Linux 64-bit
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=1010026819&swItemId=MTX_d5125e2bff7d4e92a1b0fcebc6&swEnvOid=4184#tab1

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
MartinBerres
Regular Visitor

@Jimmy Vance

Thank you for your reply and your hint to ssacli. Works fine (after a short testing).

But i am missing the SSA-GUI ;-)

Just thinking about if there is a possibity to start ssa as a daemon on the server and access it from a remote client via http ?