New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 Gen10 iLO5 Remote Console Keyboard does not work

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex856
Frequent Visitor

DL380 Gen10 iLO5 Remote Console Keyboard does not work

Hello,

we have a problem with two same DL380 Gen10 systems. Once ESXi 6.0 is started, keyboard inputs will no longer be accepted or passed through. During the hardware initialization phase you can call the RBSU normally via the iLO 5 Remote Console, where the keyboard inputs are accepted. From the boot process of the ESXi 6.0 keyboard inputs are no longer accepted. One can e.g. do not start the DCUI with F2 or reboot or shut down the ESXi server via F12. HPE support has been around for a while, but so far there is no progress.
Has anyone had such a problem?

Information about the system:
2x DL380 Gen10 systems
ESXi was installed with the HPE ESXi image (HPE-ESXi-6.0.0-Update2-iso-600.9.6.5.7) and then upgraded to build 6921384 with the VUM.
System ROM Version: U30 v1.26

What has already been checked and made:
Access directly via the notebook, connected to the iLO5 port.
Access via the network -> same result.
Various web browsers tried (Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 57.0.4 and Google Chrome 64.0.3282.140.)
Different Java Runtime versions tried (1.6.0-31, 1.8.0-161 and 1.9.01)
The problem also occurs with the .NET Framework.
The problem occurs with all iLO 5 firmware versions (1.10, 1.11, 1.15, 1.17). Currently 1.17 is installed.
An HPE technician has already replaced the system board.
The "persistent mouse and keyboard" option is enabled and disabled.

Does somebody still have an idea?

regards
Alex

13 REPLIES 13
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Since it isn't mentioned, is an iLO advanced license installed?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Alex856
Frequent Visitor

The iLO Advanced license is installed.
I think this is related to the operating system, because the keyboard in the RBSU works properly. Unfortunately, I have no way to install another operating system, the system is already productive.

krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hello  

I am an HPE Employee and got a similar case few weeks ago. As ESXi 6.0 U2 is not supported on DL380 Gen 10 Servers, we updated to U3 and keyboard started working fine. I dont know, if this will work for you too, but it seems to be the same issue. 

Check out the support matrix here: https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/vmware.aspx

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link]

BR

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
Alex856
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info, but that does not help me. Currently, ESXi 6.0 U3 Patch 6 (build 6921384) is installed on both systems. Originally, the systems were installed with an ESXi HPE 6.0 U2 image because VMware simply did not have a U3 image. Can this be a bug from the U2 image? The HPE support has pointed me out immediately and we have also corrected that. As I said, we currently use ESXi 6.0 U3 Patch 6.

regards

Alex

krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hello Alex, 

I got some time to connect to a gen10 sever and test. 

The console works only using following image :

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI60U3-HPE&productId=491

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
Alex856
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for this info!

This means that the U2 image has some problem / error. Unfortunately, the link does not work for me. I can see under My VMware also no HPE ESXi 6.0 U3 image - something is wrong with my account. That's why I also used the U2 image at the customer's site and then updated the ESXi servers via VUM.
I have now received a U3 image from my colleague and will test the new image next week and then report here briefly.

regards

Alex

Alex856
Frequent Visitor
Solution

Many, many thanks for this crucial info!

I installed the two Gen10 servers at the beginning of January and for some reason I have not been offered an HPE ESXi 6.0 U3 image under My VMware. That's why I used the HPE ESXi 6.0 U2 image and then upgraded the ESXi servers via VUM. Exactly here was the mistake, it must be a U3 image.

Today I just did an update installation with a current U3 image (VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-Update3-6921384-HPE-600.10.2.0.23-Feb2018) and now the keyboard input works in the Remote Console.

regards

Alex

krasinka1409
HPE Pro

Hi Alex, 

that sounds great  :-) 

thank you very much for your feedback . 

Take care :-)  

Thank you
I am an HPE Employee
wreigle1

I am having this same issue with a BL460c Gen10 running System ROM I41 v1.32 (02/01/2018) and iLO Firmware Version
1.20 Feb 02 2018. I am trying to install the HPE Custom Image ESXi 5.5 U3b (also tested the 5.5 U3a Custom HP ISO, same issue). Any suggestions? Thanks!