108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 Gen10's LFF hard drive caddy

SOLVED
Go to solution
risabeast
Occasional Collector

DL380 Gen10's LFF hard drive caddy

I'm looking for the part number for the 3.5" hard drive caddy for this server.

I have a hard time find the item.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Ricky

9 REPLIES 9
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Please let us know the spare part number of the drive being used - the one mentioned in front of the drive where the LEDs are present. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

----------------

Was this helpful? Like this post by selecting the Kudos option below!

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
risabeast
Occasional Collector

I need help to find that number. I have the server without any hard drive caddy/tray and would like to order some.

ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

I am sorry but this is a little confusing. 

1. Are you looking for only the Hard drive caddies or the Hard drive with caddy?

2. What is the server purchased?

Attached is the picture of a Hard drive caddy and Hard drive with Caddy. 

Is this what you are requesting for?

Because hard drive caddy/tray is unclear. 

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
risabeast
Occasional Collector

1. Hard drive caddy. No hard drive. I have hard drive already.

2. DL380 G10 LFF 

ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Alright. 

a. Since you have the Hard drive with you, could you share the spare part number which will be available on the label in front of the drive?

I have attached a picture for your reference.

b. Any reason why the Smart Carrier drives were not bought for these servers as those are the compatible ones?

Regards,

Shruthi (HPE Employee)

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo
risabeast
Occasional Collector
Solution

Thanks for the reply.

We bought 3.5" hard drives only from our vendor because of the cost of the HP drive + smart carrier are way too high. I hope you understand that part.

Anyway, i found this number from HPE PartSuffer: 

https://partsurfer.hpe.com/ShowPhoto.aspx?partnumber=861609-001

risabeast
Occasional Collector

This doesn't actually resolve my original question. I would like to buy the smart carrier alone WITHOUT the hard drive. I just feel bad that after spending couple thousands on the server but you can't buy the part you need unless you buy the whole set from HP. 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@risabeast wrote:

This doesn't actually resolve my original question. I would like to buy the smart carrier alone WITHOUT the hard drive. I just feel bad that after spending couple thousands on the server but you can't buy the part you need unless you buy the whole set from HP. 

HPE has never offered the hot plug drive carriers as an option part.  Non hot-plug and Apollo carriers are not the same as the Gen8 - Gen10 Hot-Plug carriers. I have seen some interesting ones out in the wild though, some even have an adapter for using SFF drives in LFF bays

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
BritannyTech
Occasional Collector

The LFF caddy only reference for newer Gen9/Gen10 servers with the two leds on the left is 774026-001

But the DL380 g10 seems to use the previous gen from the ML350Gen8 with the round lights, which is a different part number : 651314-001

Also check 651320-001 which seems to be the adapter for SFF disk in a LFF caddy.