ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752735 Members
5645 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 Gen8 - Insight Manager?, Smart Update Manager? and Service Pack for Proliant

CPA-UK
Occasional Advisor

DL380 Gen8 - Insight Manager?, Smart Update Manager? and Service Pack for Proliant

Hi, could some one give me some info on these various bits of software...

Way back when you setup a Proliant, Smartstart would install the variuos HP drivers along with Insight Manager and off you would go..., just add your email address to the alerts section and if the server had any problems you would get and email..., easy!..

I have just put a DL380 Gen8 together, it went thru the Inteligent Provisioning and then installed Server 2012 R2 etc and it went off an did loads of updates etc, rebooted.., and looks fine... We are using this server to host 5 VM's...

I want to use Insight Manager to alert me of problems, but when I run it up there is basically nothing in there..., it doesn't seem to be seeing any aspect of the server...

I see listed for this server on the Support / Drivers section on the HP site are three components... Insight Manager?, Smart Update Manager? and Service Pack for Proliant?

Which parts do I need to install to get Insight Manager working so that I can get alerts..?, and is there any order that these need to be installed in...?

Thanks in advance..

1 REPLY 1
scharchouf
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL380 Gen8 - Insight Manager?, Smart Update Manager? and Service Pack for Proliant