ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753776 Members
7550 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 Gen8 P420i controller adding Hot spare to work at predictive faillures

SOLVED
Go to solution
MiguelC
Frequent Advisor

DL380 Gen8 P420i controller adding Hot spare to work at predictive faillures

Hello All,

I´ve one DL380 Gen8 with 6 disks 300 GB 15K using RAID 6 with P420i controller, yesterday one of the disks starts warning predictive faillure, result X3 database slows down performance and users are claiming better performance.
My purpose was shutdowm all VM´s, replacing hd in predictive failure, and adding a hot spare configured to be activated at predictive failure, when I arrived to datacenter my colleague changes the drive 3 in predictive failure with a new one, and other disk at slot 7 for future Hot Spare disk, so my first screen was Intelligent Provisioning Screen at Maintenance option and HP array maintenance.
As my colleague change the failed disk with a new one, I´ve rebuild RAID working, and my problem is to put the new HD as hot spare of this array, as I  cannot find the hot spare option even selecting unassigned drive to try config for hot spare, only option build a new array, even after other reboot with F8 to enter at controller options.

Thinking better a raid at rebuild does not admit to remove or add new disks, think this is correct;.

My Question : With Raid 6 rebuilding, I can not add a Global Hot Spare and configure it to act in Predictive Failure.

Only tomorrow I will try other boot and enter with F10 at Intelligent Provisioning to see if I found Hot Spare option to activate to this new unassigned disk, Any advanced help will be welcome 

Thanks for All

1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 Gen8 P420i controller adding Hot spare to work at predictive faillures

Normally during a rebuild a configuration change is not allowed / disabled.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!