cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 NW6.0/smartstart6.0 upgrade to NW6.5 abends on ACPI driver load

Doug Hesseltine
Occasional Visitor

DL380 NW6.0/smartstart6.0 upgrade to NW6.5 abends on ACPI driver load

I have have DL380 G2 servers that I originally built using SmartStart6.0 and installed with Netware 6.0/SP2 overlay CD later upgraded to SP5E. I am now trying to do an in place upgrade to NW6.5 on these servers but my testing always gets an abend after initial file copy and reboot. Bios is up to date with most recent download from HP and there is no hyperthreading on these machines.

At first it would abend while loading NBI.NLM. I replaced it with a newer file and got past that point. I tried isntalling HP PSP 7.3 before the upgrade to to NW65. to upgrade drivers but it still abends.

A netware TID recommended replacing CPQMPK with ACPIDRV.psm. This also does not work.

If I smartstart a new machine with SmartStart6.4 and install NW6.0/SP2, upgrade to SP5e, and install NW6.5 upgrade it works just fine. If I smartstart it with 7.3 and do the same I get abends.

I believe there are some mismatched drivers but cannot figure out which ones. Any help would be a life saver.
1 REPLY
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 NW6.0/smartstart6.0 upgrade to NW6.5 abends on ACPI driver load

Doug,

Please see the attached pdf file.
"Implementing Novell Nakoma (Netware 6.5) on Proliant Servers".

There are driver revision pre-requisites etc. so I'm hopeful that this will assist you to get your current installation problems addressed.

Brian