cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 PCI Slot 3

Chad Loegering
Occasional Contributor

DL380 PCI Slot 3

We have the new DL380 (small form servers) and are trying to get a PCI expansion card working in PCI slot 3.

However, when I go into the bios, it doesn't even list a PCI slot 3 as available.

The other 2 slots are full with a RIM card and a network card.

How do I get slot 3 recognized?
6 REPLIES
Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 PCI Slot 3

Hi Chad;

Which server do you have?

The small form-factor (1U) server is a DL360.

It only has 2 PCI slots available.

A serial number would help to identify it if all else fails.

Sincerely,

Janine Bertolo
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Chad Loegering
Occasional Contributor

It is a DL380 G2
sn# D236JZG2D732.

Janine Bertolo
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the clarification:

The bios of the server will not show the PCI slot unless there is a card installed in it.

Is the card installed? Have you tried reseating it? Does it recognize in another server or PC? What kind of PCI card is it? Do you have the RIB LO in slot 1?

jb
To get results you've never had before, try something you've never tried before.
Chad Loegering
Occasional Contributor

The card is a PCI expansion card (expands the PCI bus to an expansion chassis), which I pulled out of an active server, so it works fine.
Will try reseating again.

The RIB card is in slot 1 yes.

Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Not to sound ignorant, but sometimes its the easy things we miss. Make sure the clip that holds the card down in the slot is pushed down. This is a hot-plug PCI slot, and no power runs through it when the clip is up.

Jeff
Chad Loegering
Occasional Contributor

thanks all, it is fixed, will go over it again tomorrow to verify what the issues are.