Go to solution
Mohamed El-Kholy

DL380 Power on automatically

hi
I have:

1. DL380G4, OS - Windows 2002
2- ML350G2, OS - Windows 2002
2. UPS - APC

The serverтАЩs power is connected to the UPS, and the power management controlled by the UPS through UPS SNMP card
After the power is lost, and power of the UPS being lost also, the UPS shutdown the servers, till now it is fine, but when the power is restored the ups is starting but the servers didn't boot, I've to boot them manually, is there any way to make them power on automatically..

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Justin Fourie
Advisor
Solution

Re: DL380 Power on automatically

for the DL380 g4

reboot the server press F10 to get in to the "System Maintenance Menu" then go to the "setup utillity" then select Server "Availability" then select "Automatic Power-on" and enable it
Justin Fourie
Advisor

some ups's only power on devices onece they have charged there batterys to a certain % you can noramlly configure this .

for example my APC UPS will only tern the server back on then it gets to 15% of its battery load i changed this value to 0% so if UPS goes down as soon as power comes back on the ups will turn the server on and not wait for its batterys to charge
Mohamed El-Kholy

Thank you for your help

I'll try it
Andrew Roper
Occasional Visitor

You will also have to tell the UPS to power itself up when utility power is restored, otherwise the server will not "sense" there is a return of power and therefore will not power up.