Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 (R01) SmartArray Controller Needs Input on Boot

Jason Antman
Occasional Advisor

DL380 (R01) SmartArray Controller Needs Input on Boot

Hello,

I just came into possession of a used DL380R01, which I am installing at a volunteer, non-profit ambulance squad as a server.

I have the machine configured with one exception - when I boot, the SmartArray Controller initializes and then hangs, saying "Press F1 to continue or F10 to configure" (slightly paraphrased).

As there is no on-site IT staff, the machine NEEDS to be able to boot itself without user input after a power loss. Does anyone know how to go about getting this options screen to not show up, or timeout?

Thanks,
Jason
Linux System Administrator, Rutgers University, NJ, USA
Sole IT Person (volunteer), Midland Park Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Midland Park, NJ, USA
(My posts or comments here express my own opinion and views only, and have nothing whatsoever to do with those of my employer.)
3 REPLIES
Garrett Taylor
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380 (R01) SmartArray Controller Needs Input on Boot

Have you tried updating the controller to the latest firmware? Also if it has a battery backed write cache the battery may be dead.
Jason Antman
Occasional Advisor

No, I haven't checked either. It might be a week before I'm able to get access to the test machine again, but I'll check both of those.

Thanks for the input.

PS - It works fine once I press the key to continue, and doesn't display any error messages. Is it possible that this is just a settings issue?
Linux System Administrator, Rutgers University, NJ, USA
Sole IT Person (volunteer), Midland Park Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Midland Park, NJ, USA
(My posts or comments here express my own opinion and views only, and have nothing whatsoever to do with those of my employer.)
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor