Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380+ RIS Installation of W2k Server

Manish Amriwala_1
Occasional Contributor

DL380+ RIS Installation of W2k Server

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help out. I am trying to build a DL380 with W2K via RIS. Everything works fine, the machine picks up and IP, and I get the option to select which image etc. Windows even goes as far as scanning for SCSI devices, but then falls over informing me that it does not have a driver suitable for the version of windows.

I have scoured the forums and the web but cannot find a solution. The RIS installation works fine if I install Windows 2003, just not on W2K Server.

Any help/ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Manish
4 REPLIES

Re: DL380+ RIS Installation of W2k Server

Hi,

Do you include the latest drivers for your scsi device in the ris image?
Manish Amriwala_1
Occasional Contributor

it gets past scanning for scsi devices, so I think that is ok.

The server will now boot, gets an IP address, and connects to the RIS Server, and begins W2K Setup but falls over just after is searches for SCSI devices and reports the following error:

File ACPI.sys caused an unexected error(21) at line 4230 in D:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\setup.c

Does that still indicate SCSI drivers maybe the problem?
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Hi,

Just wondering; are you still having this problem? If not? what fixes it?

If you still have it can you try to go into the RBSU during boot (F9) and change the IRQ for the 6i Controller to 7 and see if that makes a difference?

If that makes a difference then please log a call with HP SUpport so we get this issue adresses. /*edited for proprietary content*/

many thanks, Jeroen Kleen
(I am an HPE employee and a HPE OneSphere evangelist)
Engage as well with HPE OneSphere experts at our new slack channels for quick and agile discussions around HPE OneSphere and HPE Dev: https://www.labs.hpe.com/slack
If your question is resolved then please acknowledge that and/or provide Kudo's.
lingrovecs
Occasional Visitor

I am in a similar situation.

I've got past the NIC issue by amending my sif file.

I don't know what to put for the SCSI controller.

Have you solved it yet ?