Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 System Management - administrator password reset

Maxim Vexler
Occasional Contributor

DL380 System Management - administrator password reset

Hello

I need to reset the administrator password on the managment console.
I have administrator access to the server, the OS is win2k3.

How should I do this ?

Thank you,
Maxim.

2 REPLIES
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 System Management - administrator password reset

Maxim,
which version of HP system management homepage you have?

System Management Homepage 2.x included from PSP 7.20 version removes the accounts (administrator, operator, user) that were built into prior versions of the System Management Homepage. With version 2.0, authentication uses operating system accounts and passwords to validate interactive users who are logging in to the System Management Homepage.
If you use version <= 7.10 I suggest you upgrade to last Proliant support pack version (7.40) which include updated system management homepage
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23837.html
If you use version <= 7.10 and don't want to upgrade to new versions:
you can reinstall agents and change password. Or if you have server where you know agent password:
Copy the CPQHMMD.ACL file (usually in c:\compaq\wbem) from a server you know the agent password to the server where you don't know the password. Restart the web agent, the password will be changed to the same as the server from which you copied the file.

Regards, Igor
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Re: DL380 System Management - administrator password reset

If you installed your server with smart start 7.2 then the local administrator password of the OS should work or you can upgrade to support pack 7.2 or later and use the local administrator password for system management
Evil Has Its Winning Ways