1751898 Members
5144 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 (g3) ilo

Larry Greenup

DL380 (g3) ilo

I have one server out of 47 that won't show the F8 option (anymore) to get into the ilo config screen. It did originally but I mis-configured it somehow and now I can't get back in it. Anyone know of a way to get the F8 to show back up during the POST?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

It's normal for the F8 prompt to go away if the ILO is disabled. To get the prompt back:

Turn switch #1 on in the maintenance switch bank (switch bank with 6 switches to the right of the memory), power the server on, and you should now see the F8 prompt. Go to the settings tab and change the option for ILO functionality to "enabled". Exit out of the utility and it should work correctly now.

You should make sure the switch on the system board is turned back off, otherwise anybody will be able to get into the ILO without a password.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
SURESHKUMAR.P
Advisor

Hi Larry Greenup ,

If the F8 -OPTION is intermittent not shown or the server is hanging in the ILO config mode, this issues depend on MBD.better then could you update the Server BIOS/FIRMWARE and ILO MANAGEMENT firmware also but after the updation problem still persist Replaced the Motherboard.

Thanks and Regards
Suresh.P
SURESHKUMAR.P
Advisor

Hi Larry Greenup ,

If the F8 -OPTION is intermittent not shown or the server is hanging in the ILO config mode, this issues depend on MBD.better then could you update the Server BIOS/FIRMWARE and ILO MANAGEMENT firmware, it is also available in the following site:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_4706.html

but after the updation still problem persist Replaced the Motherboard.

Thanks and Regards
Suresh.P
Larry Greenup

No, it isn't intermitten. It never comes on now. I think I disabled it by accident when I restored the default settings on the ILO screen. Just can't figure out how to get it back.

Thanks for all the good replies.
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Have you tried what I recommended? This will solve the problem with it being disabled.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..