cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 gen-2 Fan Alarm

blindahl
Occasional Advisor

DL380 gen-2 Fan Alarm

If both of the front-two-right-hand fans are plugged in I get a fan alarm. There are 6 fans in the front row.
If EITHER one of the front-two-right-hand fans are UNPLUGGED the fan alarm goes out.

I changed both RH fans several times and still same problem.
System board???
2 REPLIES
Tom_458
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380 gen-2 Fan Alarm

I also have a fan problem yesterday on my ML370 G2. The two fans on the left in front of the cpu's (I think they are fan 1 and fan 2) will not work when they are both plugged in. If I pull out either one, the other will start working. When I put the removed fan into the right fan slots, either front (fan 3)or back (fan 4), both fans work fine together there. So it seems there is adequate power to power up three fans. However, the ML370 G2 will not boot without both fan 1 and fan 2 running.

It didn't make any difference even after I removed all plugged in boards, extra ram, the second cpu, and disconnected the power to the drive cages.

I also swapped power supplies to no avail. The only thing I haven't tried is replacing the system board...

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
Terence Tsao
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL380 gen-2 Fan Alarm

Iever met the same issue, at last we replaced system board then every thing works fine.