3631 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380 gen 7 os install error

heloooooo
Advisor

DL380 gen 7 os install error

DL380 gen 7 os install error.

I am using 4 hdds, and each raid 0 is being configured. When raid is not configured, the hard disk is not displayed during os installation, so all of them are configured as raid 0.

The problem is, the raid configuration was configured with raid 0 of each hard, and the error details are as follows, This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk.

Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu.

Installation fails with this error window. I'm trying to set up AHCI and hard controller, but I don't see where the hell are setting up.

Or, if you have any other solutions to try, please help.

7 REPLIES 7
BPSingh
HPE Pro

Greetings!

Please confirm the windows version that you are looking to install.

Below link can be referred to check if you are using a supported OS image.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows_archived.aspx

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
AM11
HPE Pro

Hello,
Thank you for contacting HPE support

with the regards to the issue what you are facing you can try the below steps,

1> Since it is Gen7 server it goes with Onboard P410i controller i hope you are using the same
2> Please make sure the components used are HPE (To avoid any compatibility issues)
3> You may have to present the drivers for the controller during installation (below shared link is for 2012 and make sure you are installing the supported OS)
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/search#q=p410i&t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25&f:@kmswsoftwaretypekey=[swt8000113]&f:@kmswtargetbaseenvironment=[Microsoft]&f:@kmswtargetenvironment=[Microsoft%20Windows%20Server%202012]

4> Please make sure the BIOS and the firmware of the Controller are up to date
5> Please Clear the NV ram using Dip switch (Refer page 15 https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1046019038.pdf )
6> Instead of creating Multiple Raid 0 use only One HDD until OS is installed and later add the other Hard drives and Configure them using ACU.
7> If still no change please log a case with HPE support to assist you better

Thanks
HPE Support

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

heloooooo
Advisor

Hi Thanks for answering my question.

The model I'm using is DL380 gen7, but the link you posted is only gen8. Is there any other way?

heloooooo
Advisor

Hello.

Thanks for answering the question.

It took some time to write down the details of the action to check and try the answers given, so please understand.

1> Since it is Gen7 server it goes with Onboard P410i controller i hope you are using the same

I am using a P410i controller.

Please make sure the components used are HPE (To avoid any compatibility issues)

I am not sure what hpe means, but I am using a hp smart array p410i controller.

I'm not sure if this is the right hpe.

Instead of creating Multiple Raid 0 use only One HDD until OS is installed and later add the other Hard drives and Configure them using ACU.

The same error occurs when installing OS by configuring only one raid.

3> You may have to present the drivers for the controller during installation (below shared link is for 2012 and make sure you are installing the supported OS)

I can't find a driver for Windows 2012R2 from the link you provided, but I wonder if you can just install the driver for p410i controller.

5> I refer to the link, but I am not sure what the content is and how to take action.

The action is inexperienced, but I will wait for your reply.

Thank you in advance.

AM11
HPE Pro

Hello,
Thank you for your reply,

Please find the answers marked in Green,

The model I'm using is DL380 gen7, but the link you posted is only gen8. Is there any other way?

Once you open the below link Please click on the " Previous servers " and you should be able to see DL380 G7.
https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows_archived.aspx

2> Please make sure the components used are HPE (To avoid any compatibility issues)
I am not sure what hpe means, but I am using a hp smart array p410i controller.
I'm not sure if this is the right hpe.

I mean to say the HDD ,Controller and all the components are HPE (Since we have seen sometimes Using NON HPE drives causes different issues).

6> The same error occurs when installing OS by configuring only one raid.

You may try installing different OS version (But i am afraid I am afraid the Max supported OS is Win 2011)

5> I refer to the link, but I am not sure what the content is and how to take action.

The link shared is to find out the location of the Dip switch to clear the NV Ram and below shared are the steps for the same.

Clearing the NVRAM
                1.1 Please power down the server
                1.2 Please disconnect the power cable
                1.3 Please press the power button for 10 seconds to power drain the server.
                1.4 Please wear an Anti-static Band.
                1.5 Please open the access panel of the server.
                1.6 Please check the access panel for the system diagram.
                1.7 Please look for system maintenance switch.
                1.8 Please look for switch no. 6.
                1.9 Please set the switch on "ON" state.
                1.10 Please start the server. 
                1.11 Please wait for the message " system maintenance switch is On"
                1.12 Please power down the server.
                1.13 Please set the switch back to OFF state.
                1.14 Please restart the server and check if the server is powering on.

Thanks
HPE support

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

heloooooo
Advisor

Thank you for answering all my questions.

What I'm saying is that the HDD, controller, and all components are HPE (since I've seen other problems sometimes arise with non-HPE drives).

I checked everything, but I'm using a p410i controller.

However, it is marked as a p410i sereal port, but I don't know if the sata driver is not installed.

You can try installing a different OS version (but the Max supported OS is Win 2011.)

I have the same problem on other OS 2008 as well.

NV Ram tried to remove it.

I was asked to load the SATA driver, the answer I received from someone else, and after inserting the OS CD, I loaded the SATA driver included with the USB via Load Driver.
However, it didn't react and I don't see the SATA enable setting even in F9 Set up.

Can you help with this?

I am using HP DL380 gne 7 and I get an error while installing OS 20012R2

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_88fc4cead4ee433cb69e5e2afb&swEnvOid=4138#tab1

I tried to get the driver from the USB, unzip it and load the driver.

Capture.JPG

This picture is the picture that was answered.

KakaoTalk_20201123_153438123_01.jpg

This is a status picture of my server.

I don't think there are two with numlock powered on, but I want to know how.

AM11
HPE Pro

Hello,
Thank you for your reply

You may try doing a factory default/system default options if no change I am afraid this may need in dept trouble shooting also we will need the logs or Remote session,
I would request you to log a case with HPE support to assist you better.

Thanks
HPE Support

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo