ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751693 Members
4968 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380 gen10 supports more than one GPU ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
gspmt
Frequent Visitor

DL380 gen10 supports more than one GPU ?

We want to upgrade our HP DL380 Propliant Gen10 (868703-B21), Intel Xeon 6138, with one or two GPUs for deep learning.

At the moment there is only one processor installed and we are trying to find out if there is there a setup (e.g. using an optional riser) that will allow us to  install a second GPUs in the system. 

4 REPLIES 4
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Hi, it looks like your HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 SKU, considering the specific SKU of the CPU it has, doesn't actually support any GPU Card: "No Graphic cards (GPUs) are available with this processor selection" <-- CPU SKU is 1st Generation Intel Gold Intel Xeon-Gold 6138 (2.0GHz/20-core/125W) FIO Processor Kit for HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 (826876-L21) Processor Required Option <-- HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 8SFF CTO (868703-B21) Server Base Configuration.

References on HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 Server QuickSpecs.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
gspmt
Frequent Visitor

Hi parnassus,

Thank you for your prompt response and forgive my ignorance but I wonder if your findings apply to the whole 1st generation of Xeon Gold (that in this case I am doomed). Is there by any chance those apply only to the  (Intel Xeon-Gold 6137 (SKU 880168-L21) ?

You have correcty identified  my CPU (826876-L21)  I am just trying to  be sure that I got this right.

In any case,

Thank you

parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi, I've the strong suspect that yes...BUT you can check yourself if you analyze the QuickSpecs on the provided link. It looks like that some specific HPE Computation and Graphics Accelerators models:

• HPE NVIDIA Quadro P2200 Graphics Accelerator
  • HPE NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 Graphics Accelerator
  • HPE NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000 Graphics Accelerator
  • NVIDIA Tesla V100S 32GB Computational Accelerator

are only supported with the presence of 2nd Generation Intel Scalable Series Processors "x2xx”.

Clearly there are other GPUs/Computational Accelerators without the restriction of 2nd processor generation. In any case you should carefully check all other requirements once you find the accelerator that your specific server supports.

Specifically about NVIDIA, you can find other info on HPE NVIDIA Accelerators for HPE ProLiant Servers QuickSpecs. Use them with HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 QuickSpecs to build your specific (for your configuration) matrix of compatibility.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
gspmt
Frequent Visitor

Thank you parnassus  for your time and knowledge shared.