New Discussion юеВ

DL380 + iLO

SOLVED
Go to solution
JamesT23
Occasional Contributor

DL380 + iLO

Hi

I have a DL380 G4 that a previous engineer built. The tags with for the iLO have been removed from the server and I need to look at iLO config. I don't know the username or password and don't really want to reset the card.

The reason for me needing access the iLO config is to try and work out why it has been broadcasting lots on my network.

1)How do I log onto the iLO without resetting it?

2)Why do they broadcast so often?

James
3 REPLIES 3
dms_1
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: DL380 + iLO

Hi James,

- look for the System Maintenance Switch on the system board
- look for the ilo security switch and put it in ON position
- check POST and when Integrated lights-out appears press f8
- doing this ilo is not going to ask you for password when trying to access ilo bios or ilo interface per web browser
- power off server
- put the switch number 1 in OFF position again.

See server`s MSG for the location of the System Maintenance Switch and the security overwrite switch(page 79):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSeriesId=397634&targetPage=http%3A%2F%2Fh20000.www2.hp.com%2Fbc%2Fdocs%2Fsupport%2FSupportManual%2Fc00687567%2Fc00687567.pdf

Regards
JamesT23
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much for your help
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Unless the iLO was configured to require login during POST, you can just hit F8 and go directly into iLO.

If you don't want to reboot the server and have the agents loaded from the PSP, you can use hponcfg to reset the admin password, or add another user using the xml I've listed below

To reset the admin password

NOTE: when runnign the xml from the system that has the iLO you are working with the

To add a new user

USER_NAME="User"
USER_LOGIN="username"
PASSWORD="password">

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!