Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DL380 windows 2003 Cluster install Problems

Paul Bray-Boyce
Occasional Visitor

DL380 windows 2003 Cluster install Problems

Hello all,

I am trying to install windows 2003 on a DL380 which at one time was a windows 2000 Cluster. I wiped all othe drives rebuilt the systems using Windows 2003. eveything appear to be working smoothlu until I attempted to configure cluster. The cluster install complete. But I have no Resources available.

I checked the clcfgSrv.log file and I get he follwoing message: The Physical disk " Disk R:" cannot be managed because it is on the same storage bus as the boot disk.

I didn't have this issue with 2000. Could someone help.

Thanks
3 REPLIES
Paul Bray-Boyce
Occasional Visitor

Re: DL380 windows 2003 Cluster install Problems

This is a DL380 G2
Doug de Werd
Honored Contributor

What are you using for shared storage? The error message indicates that the shared storage (R:) and the boot drive (C:) are on the same SCSI bus. This is not allowed in an MSCS cluster. Is you boot drive located in the external storage? If so, then you should move it into the server and boot from it there.

It might be helpful if you could post your disk drive/volume config info.

Thanks,
Doug
Expert in ProLiant Clusters
Paul Bray-Boyce
Occasional Visitor

I double checked to confirm that my boot is not in the Smart Array cluster Storage. The DL380 in which I have is a cluster in a box 2 DL380's and the storage..

The only thing I can see is that windows 2003 is treating the extended Array and the primary as the same.

Thanks