1752787 Members
5988 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380G3 Power Issue?

vhtran
Occasional Contributor

DL380G3 Power Issue?

I'm having issue with my DL380 where all the LEDs in the center board are lid up like a Christmas tree (blinking). System still able to power on, but does not show any sign of booting. After power it down with power button, the Christmas lights still on (blinking). Thank you in advance for your help!

Vu
7 REPLIES 7
HP_Sammy
Trusted Contributor

Hello vhtran,

Please reseat all drives and scsi backplane and also reseat the scsi cables on backplane and i am sure this shud help follwoing is the link which shows videos as to how to do it
select server then ur model and fru parts remove replace

http://h20181.www2.hp.com/plmcontent/NACSC/SML/

Thanks regards
Sammy :)
Carlsberg
Frequent Advisor

If you still have the issue after doing what was suggested above . Open up the lid of the server and examine the error led lights on the system board , check the Troubleshooting manual to find suggested actions.

I had a similar failure on a G2 server and the PROC1 and PROC2 error leds were on.

Suggested action was to reseat the CPU's ( Which didn't help )

Replaceing the system board solved it.
vhtran
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, after all reseating and reseting, the Xmas tree still there. Any idea? Thanks.

Vu
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you can clear NVRAM from switch 1,5,6 on the systemboard and try.

Another thing you can try is to try a minimal config 1 CPU , 2 DIMMs and without PCI cards, but don't think there will be change - this is a hw failure.

I saw such problems, where the power backplane/power convertor module caused the problem, so I bet on power backplane problem.

If you have another server and can try to swap the power bacpklanes, if not and have warranty/ CP you can call for replacement

Pac
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

Hi,

Clear NVRAM will be with switch 6 in the system board, switch 1,5, and 6 simultaneously will go to the back up rom, I suggest to try both after you stress out the server (minimal configuration), this will be no hdd's, no pci' no LAN cables, 1 power supply, 1 proc, 1 ppm, 2 dimms, for switch info check page 87 and 88
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065010/c00065010.pdf

Regards,
vhtran
Occasional Contributor

I've tried all of those steps that you showed. The issue still there. Do you happen to know if there is a chip that fail and I can replace it instead of sending it out for repair? Thanks again.

Vu
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

hi,

chipset ServerWorks GC -LE Chipset, you can try it may fix the issue

regards,