New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380G3 - UPS R5500RX and HP Power Manager

SOLVED
Go to solution
GID
Advisor

DL380G3 - UPS R5500RX and HP Power Manager

Hello and thanks,

I have a DL380 MS W2003 SE SP2 and 2 months ago when I installed SP2 the HP PM was uneable to connect UPS through COM1 port. Before it worked fine. I tried it with HP PM v.3.1, 3.1.8, 4.0 and 4.1.

Too I checked iLO settings.

It is very urgent because I have 3 server without power manager.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

You can try following (but first of all UNINSTALL HP Power manager and install then the latest - 4.2 version):

1. Start server, press f8 and go in ILO Bios. Under settings, make the CLI setting to OFF.

2. Go to the RBSU by pressing f9 and under System Options, disable the virtual Serial Port.

3. Start windows, try to redetect the UPS.

4. If still detection fails, go to start-run-msconfig. Go to services, click Hide All Microsoft Servervices and disable temporary all non-microsoft. Then reboot the server, start only the HP Power manager Service and try to detect UPS again.

5. If there is still no succes, maube it is a good idea to go to the bios and to play with the IRQs.

6. Don't forget to check the cable - it may be faulty.

Wish you success! :)

Regards, Mi6t0
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

P.S. Forgot to tell you - sometimes, when you try to detect the UPS, it takes about a minute to establish the connection.
GID
Advisor

Mi6t0 thanks for your reply.

In this moment I can not restart the sever but I have iLO web interfase. Please you see pdf attachment.

I forgot that too I tried it with PM v.4.2

I will check with other server.
Do you have some idea more?

Thanks again.
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Well, it seems ok. But please, follow the above steps.
Please, assure that the serial port is working fine and no other software is accessing it.

And one last idea - you can try changing the speed settings on the serial port.
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Karlo, if there is no connection with the UPS, that means that the serial connection doesnot function at all... The firmware update goes through serial port so I highly doubt that it will happen.
GID
Advisor

Hi,

I tried it in other server and it is fine now. Too I installed the agents in the others server and it works fine.

I think that the COM port was bloked (UPS or sever), I don't know why (software or hardware). It is probbly that with cable unplagged fixed it.

I want to try it again with the server that failed but now I haven't time.

Thanks for all.