108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380G4 Duplex - How to

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

DL380G4 Duplex - How to

How do you set drives up to use separate channels on the 6i controller?

The server came setup with duplexing, but I'm wondering how to set it up with 2 mirrored sets, 1 set on each channel.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Ameen Khan S_1
Advisor

hi

Smart array controller 6i A single Ultra320 SCSI channel allows you to support all Ultra320 SCSI internal hard disk drives. Since the 6i controller has one channel I dont think you can have duplexing. Probably your server would have shipped with pci smart array controller. give me more info about the server. Normally you can configure any configuration of your system array from ACU or ORCA.

Thanks
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

It's the new DL380G4 High Performance server. There are 2 channels on the drive cage backplane and they are connected to the board which I would assume means 2 channels on the 6i.

If this is wrong, then I can't do separate channels on the 6i alone. I will need a separate PCI SCSI adapter.

I have not seen an option in the ORCA or the ACU to put the mirrored sets on separate channels, so I assume I can't. I would like to know for sure though.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

http://docs.hp.com/en/359214-001/359214-001.pdf

start from Page 83

Take a look to system Board you have Channel A and channel B
By Default Channel B (PORT 2) used with Server and A stay for Duplex or for external connector.
You also able to use alternate/Optional SCSI card for Simplex /Duplex
Chris Fink
Frequent Advisor

Excellent KOV,

So by default, it's setup the way I want. It shipped with the embedded duplex configuration. Channel 1 uses drives 0 & 1, and Channel 2 uses 2, 3, 4, & 5.

Thanks!!!
Gianni_12
Advisor

What are the advantages of having a RAID 1 with one disk on one SCSI bus and the other disk on a second bus?

If i have a DL 380 G4 (high performance model) with 3 differents RAID 1 sets (each RAID set with only two disks), there is any special configuration for these raid setting?

murthy_3
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I am trying to find any info/screen shots on how to configure the ACU/ORCA when setting up array/logical drives when duplexing option is used.

Regds,
Murthy
Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

The process of creating an array in simplex and duplex is the same. The only thing that is different is that you will see two ports instead of 1.
Below is the link to the ACU user guide.
http://h200005.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00142272/c00142272.pdf
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!