4508 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380G4 Reboot issue - Windows 2008 Enterprise

SOLVED
Go to solution
PsimonSez

DL380G4 Reboot issue - Windows 2008 Enterprise

I hope someone within these hallowed halls can help save my sanity... We are re-purposing some older hardware and the team was tasked to install 2008 on the above class and generation server. Now the server runs fine and without issue accept for one thing - Whenever it is sent into reboot from the OS (patching or even from Start>Shutdown) it will go through the machinations like it is attempting to do so. But then I simply get a flashing cursor in the upper left hand corner. Nothing else. The server ceases to boot. NOTHING appears on the screen - at all! I then have to Press + Hold the power button and the power it back up and we are back in business. It ultimately seems like a video driver but I can't find any further information on this anomaly. Has anyone else experienced such a crazy deal? I even swapped HDD's with another like server to see if it was server based but it did the same thing on that server as well. It still could be server based but I don't know. That server I swapped the drives out with is running 2003 and is working fine.
3 REPLIES 3
cnb
Honored Contributor
PsimonSez

Re: DL380G4 Reboot issue - Windows 2008 Enterprise

Thanks for your quick response. Going to try it tomorrow and I'll post the results but I am sure it will be something that simple. Always a RTFM moment for me. Thanks again!
cnb
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380G4 Reboot issue - Windows 2008 Enterprise

You're Welcome and please assign points:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Best Regards,

-cnb