4349 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380G4 & 6402 Problem

BR872219

DL380G4 & 6402 Problem

Hi

Just tried putting a 6402 into a new DL380G4 and during BIOS boot I get;

WARNING: A Type 2 Header PCI Device Has Been Detected...

When looking in the BIOS PCI devices, it looks a bit odd with several devices picked up on the same PCI slot (and changes everytime I go into the PCI device list).

Currently awaiting info back from HP, but thought I'd try here as well. Any suggestions?

ta

J
2 REPLIES 2
Tarek Kawach
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380G4 & 6402 Problem

Hi Justin:

Warning: A Type 2 Header PCI Device has been detected. The BIOS will not configure this card. It must be configured properly by the OS or driver.

It looks like you card is not initializing at post. Correctly. Possible issue with that card and might need to replace>

- I would try reseating the cache module on the board and trying it in a different slot; possible non hotplug slot.

- Upgrade the firmware for the card and bios for the server.

- If that dosenot work; then that card needs to be replaced.

- SA6400 Spare 309520-001.

Firmware Maintenance CD version 7.30 (29 Apr 05) http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22722.html

Best regards,

Tarek.
Hey, look a light at the end of the tunnel.
James Oates

Re: DL380G4 & 6402 Problem

The previous reply is misleading. This warning message is completely appropriate and may not indicate a problem with the card.

Type 2 header devices, such as PCI-PCMCIA bridges, must be configured by the OS. This message is only indicating that the PCI card you've installed will not be assigned recourses by BIOS.

If after booting, Windows is not able to find available resources for this device, that is another matter.

If you are having trouble, you may try another pci slot, or disabling devices to free up additional resources.