5730 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

DL380G5, SAS Drive LEDs

DaveStevenson99
Advisor

DL380G5, SAS Drive LEDs

Hi,

this is my first post in these "new" communities - not sure that they are progress from the old ones, I  can't find anyithing anymore!  But here goes..... 

I have purchased a "second user" DL380G5.

System now has 32GB RAM and 4x146GB SAS Drives and ESXi 4.1 installed (with a single Windows 2003 Virtual Machine).

I have 2 disks set up as a RAID1 System disk (datastore1) and 2 disks as a RAID 1 (datastore2), thoiugh this is currently unused. 

I have a strange problem with the drive LEDs - the system appears to be working normally, the drives appear to be working, but the system disks have no green LEDs on - either steady or flashing. The other array has the green LEDs on solid (there is obiously no activity on the disks as nothing is configured to use them). The Blue LEDs appear to work as expected.

My question is, can this be a software problem, or is it likely to be the really low probability scenario of two LEDs faling?

Any advice would be really appreciated,

regards

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: DL380G5, SAS Drive LEDs

>I can't find anything anymore!

Have you tried a forum search?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/Searching-in-the-HP-Enterprise-Business-Community/m-p/4825025

If you use google, just add "site:h30499.www3.hp.com".

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Re: DL380G5, SAS Drive LEDs

Hi,

I doubt whether this is a software issue (ESXi 4.1), probably there is is a issue with firmware or the SAS drive back-plane not sure this very strange issue. Check the below HP Advisory link if that throws a light on the issue.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/advisoriesDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=1121516&spf_p.tpst=psiContentDisplay&spf_p.prp_psiContentDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02154316%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

I would suggest to contact the HP support center.

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo