ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753326 Members
4854 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL380G5 embedded NIC's not showing up

AndyX Zhang

DL380G5 embedded NIC's not showing up

I have a DL380G5 with latest Bios (1/9/2008). In the BIOS options, both MAC addresses for the NIC's are disabled, and I can't seem to find an option to turn the NICs on in BIOS.

Would anyone point to me exactly where the options are to turn on the embedded NICs?
4 REPLIES 4
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

There is no option to disable the NICS in bios.

Is there any activity indicated when you plug in a cable (under indication I mean the lights on the rj45 port).

Do you have windows installed? If so - what can you see in device manager?

And something more important - is the Proliant Support Pack installed?

Kind regards,
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

are the NICs recognized during POST?
If no they are either dead or disabled.
You can go to RBSU(F9)-> PCI Devices-> Embedded NIC and check there.
Other option is to clear NVRAM to reset to default configuration .
If they are not showing in POST, you can downgrade the system ROM, then update the NIC firmware and update BIOS again.

Regards
Pac
AndyX Zhang

There is no LED activity from the NIC with an active link. Furthermore, Windows cannot see the device. I do not have Proliant Support Pack installed (nor have ever used it).

---

There is a Broadcom NetXtreme II Boot Agent at POST (which also gives an invalid PCI device error). Under PCI Devices in Bios, there is no listing of a Broadcome Embedded PCI device (listings for USB, Lights-Out, and ATI ES1000 are there).

The firmware I am using is 1/9/2008, which I set to default after flashing. The previous firmware was from 2006, which also did not see the embedded NICs.

Thanks
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

If there is no led activity on the port, it is mostly a system board failure... Change it :)