1753797 Members
7638 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DL380G7 all lights on Control Panel are amber

Duup
Occasional Contributor

DL380G7 all lights on Control Panel are amber

I've got a DL380G7 and it is being strange. It will POST and I can run the ROMPAQ and load SmartStart 8.7, but all the lights on the status panel are lit up amber.

The UID is blue, the status light is amber, the power button flickers amber, the NICs all show green, but all the other lights on the panel are light up amber.

I've tried different CPUs and RAM with no change.

5 REPLIES 5
Duup
Occasional Contributor

One thing that I did was go into BIOS and restore the system to defaults. Now after the POST sequence, no lights are on at all, not even the status light or power light.

I have tried replacing the control panel, power supplies, power board, I have disconnected the optical drive, the backplane and the RAID cache.

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Does the system insight display blink during post or server shutdown?

It may be normal but in some cases the system board replacement solves the issue but not recommended in all the cases.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

Useful Links for ProLiant Servers

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Check the IML logs for error messages and operating system event logs.

Reduce the server to base configuration and check if the issue is resolved. Power down the server and unplug the power cord.

Remove all components other than processors and memory modules and power on the server with base configuration.

If there are no errors, then add one component at a time and power on the server. This helps in isolating probable defective component(s).

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Duup
Occasional Contributor

The display does not blink. When I turn it on, the lights on the backplane blink and cycle through green, blue, amber and back to green, but the display does nothing.

Currently no lights on the insight display panel come on, not even on the power button.

Duup
Occasional Contributor

I've done this. I've taken the machine down to only the CPUs and a stick of RAM for each CPU. I've removed the riser, disconnected the optical drive and RAID cache and the display is still completely blank. The error logs show no errors.

I ran SmartStart 8.7 system diagnostics on it overnight and all tests passed with no errors.